12/25/09

Operation the game freaks me out


Looks harmless, right? Oh pee, he kind of looks like a morbidly obese H1tler. Or maybe a Marx brother? What are you Mr.Operation guy?

Back to the inherent creepiness and horror that is Operation. First let me say that I like my games to not possibly shock and or startle me. Remember I have a strong
startle reflex and the few people who have 'snuck' up on me got harmed. Those are all the details I can divulge at this time regarding the harming, lawyers and cases pending and so forth.

Hey did I tell you I got myself a shark knife for Christmas? I need a special sheath made so that I can carry it around and cut things open, should the need arise. Check his little row of bone crunching teeth. Awww, so cute!




My daughter like most children of the world, even the ones who speak a dialect of tongue clicks love SpongeBob. So Santa, that wiley bastard brought Operation SpongeBob. Shudder. Being a Mother is one of the things I do best, unfortunately the pay sucks but, shaping little humans is what I do best. Bwahaha. So when she wanted me to play this, abomination with her, who was I to say no? Its a simple childs game. A game where you are, without proper medical training entrusted to taking out irregularly shaped innards and there are sparks and loud noises. Fun! My kind of game is Scrabble. I play it all the time. Scrabble, nice little squares and words to make!

SpongeBob is the eternal innocent. My daughter is a pro at this and besides her mountain of toys, she also received a first aid kit because she loves to wrap anything that can't get away quick enough up to 'fix' them.

Then, it was my turn. I forced a smile and cursed Santa. My hands only shook mildly and I got the first one out. WHEW. My daughter took her turn and aced it. Then it came my turn. I had to do some kind of brain surgery and it was all down hill from there. I screamed the noise was so loud when I touched the side. I saw sparks. My dog came running to me like I had been harmed or I had a meat product to give to her. The game continued as I sucked down my fear and loathing of this game.

Finally. The last organ was out. I told my daughter that we both won when she started gloating about how much Operation dough she had acquired. Then, I left the room, for a quieter place, without zips and zaps and SpongeBob.

I hope your Christmas was quiet much loved troopages. I lit a candle for you.

I am going to enjoy some egg nog (last night I had half a glass and fell asleep, thats how you party when you are 37) and read some of the tasty books I got.

Merry Christmas, truly. Next year, may yours be spent with the ones you love and far far from war and Operation games.

0 comments: