1/17/10

Corpus Christi, USS Lexington


Hello beautiful people.

I have returned to my very own frozen tundra. I have brought photos from my 25 degree trip to Corpus Christi Texas where I got to check out the USS Lexington and this guy who parked in front of us.







Question: Do you think he is a Marine? He had
a full Marine uniform on and appeared to be
90 years old. He eyed me like I was Arlo
Guthrie sitting on that bench in that certain song.






If you can't read the last bumper sticker on the right it says 'Some people just NEED Killing That's Why We Have Marines.

Onto the USS Lexington. First, how the heck do people live on boats? Are the stairways bigger now? Less steep? How many stair accidents occur on these huge boats?
















The USS Lexington was in use for over 40 years. Did I mention she was built by women in record time? She also survived repeated attacks and accidents. Including a kamikaze attack. All told, 300 people lost their lives on the USS Lexington.

It was an intense experience. Walking into and down into where people lived, ate, worried, died, got root canals with minimal if any hardcore meds. It says Ladies Head and I find that humorous because inside every full grown woman is a Kyle or Stan. True fact. Till the next time. Take good care of yourself and your comrades. Love, Rose



0 comments: