3/17/10

Friends, it looks like Spring

I am a week out from a big surgery and the hardcore meds are dwindling. Ofcourse being allergic to morphine which one of the nectars of Gods right up there with watermelon juice and true loves kiss - well this girl is allergic to it.

Some of the fellows are coming back from deployments. I see their return as joyful events with an eye on whats coming up next. As much as I admire and am proud of the men and women serving, I turn equal admiration and pride to the husbands, wives and SO's back here serving their families. Making life happen, normalcy, being strung thin. Not knowing daily.

I was walking around marveling that perhaps most of winter is over, amazed as always at how things push up through the frozen ground, the black earth and the green leaves and bits.

Resiliency. It takes you far in life.

This is a short one. Just wait till I am healed up when I am in my right mind and share the tales of the hospital and how my veins are shy, so shy damnit that every blood draw and iv is a test of mental strength.

I wonder if I should start carrying a hammer around. Just a small one. Then people will know I mean business OR I am ready to fix something.

Please take good care of yourself out there.

Love,

Rose

0 comments: